Residential Aged Care Facilities (RACFs) throughout western Victoria are invited to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to take part in an upcoming program for extending telehealth services for their residents.
Western Victoria PHN (WVPHN) is seeking submissions from RACFs to help deliver After Hours Telehealth services in their communities between 1 June 2020 and 8 June 2021 to increase timely after hours medical care using telehealth for older Australians living in residential aged care in our region.
Specifically, the program aims to:
- Reduce the potential risk of exposure to COVID-19 for older Australians by connecting RACFs to specialist emergency physicians using My Emergency Dr to minimise potentially preventable transfers to regional Urgent Care Centres or Emergency Departments.
- Reduce the significant burden placed on regional health services who are responding to COVID-19 by providing an alternative specialist emergency physician service to RACFs.
- Reduce the significant workforce demands placed on some rural GPs and other primary health care providers by providing RACFs with alternative on call after hours coverage through provision of access to specialist emergency physicians using My Emergency Dr.
- Facilitate informal clinician education, support and skill development through informal communication with specialist emergency physicians to RACF staff.
Submitting your EOI
WVPHN is seeking applications from RACFs which meet the following criteria:
- Are a legal entity
- Compliant with the Workplace Gender Equality Action 2012 (Commonwealth)
- Able to participate in the project within the allocated timeframe 1 June 2020 and 8 June 2021
- A RACF located within the WVPHN region
EOI documents and forms
- After Hours Telehealth for RACFs Expression of Interest (Word 603KB)
- After Hours Telehealth for RACFs – Example Project Agreement (PDF 340KB)
- After Hours Telehealth for RACFs – Readiness Checklist (Word 459KB)
Completed forms must be submitted via email to email@example.com by 5pm on Thursday, 28 May 2020.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org