Western Victoria PHN (WVPHN) is seeking general practitioners in the region to take part in the next Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) Brief Intervention Network Meeting with WVPHN and funded AOD service providers within each of the four sub-regions of the WVPHN catchment: Geelong Otway, Ballarat Goldfields, Wimmera Grampians and Great South Coast.
Why you should get involved
GP attendance at the next network meeting will provide an opportunity for sharing of ideas, strategies, local solutions, and concerns with respect to alcohol and other drug services within the region. Increased collaboration between general practice and the AOD sector will drive improved integration of services through better support, information and access.
The aim of these sessions is to:
- Support clinicians to network and share strategies, local solutions, referral pathways and issues with respect to alcohol and other drugs services within their region
- Increase AOD education to support best practice and service integration
- Review and provide expert clinical advice on guidelines, resources, case studies and other information
- Identify, prioritise and escalate issues which are actually or potentially affecting clinicians providing alcohol and other drugs care
GP participants will be reimbursed for attendance at a rate of $150 per hour. The meeting will run for approximately one hour.
GP Practice Managers are also welcome to apply/attend to increase collaboration between general practice and the AOD sector.
Who is involved?
The meetings are coordinated by the Victorian Alcohol and Drug Association (VAADA) and are attended by Barwon Child, Youth and Family, Uniting Ballarat, Grampians Community Health and Western Region Alcohol and Drug Centre.
What is required
- A special interest in AOD
- A good internet connection to access the online meeting invitation
- Availability to attend the network meeting on Wednesday 10 March 2021 at 12pm. There may be some flexibility to negotiate the time and date with the successful applicant.
How to apply
To register your interest, please submit a completed EOI Application Form by COB Wednesday 24 February 2021.
For more information, please contact Brook Martyn (WVPHN) via AODprograms@westvicphn.com.au or 03 5222 0812