Are you a GP working in western Victoria?
Western Victoria PHN (WVPHN) is seeking your invaluable feedback on the experience of referring (or not referring) consumers to Services and Treatment for Enduring and Persistent Mental Illness (STEPMI) and/or Psychological Therapy Services (PTS), as well as some insight into the broader health of consumers accessing these services.
What are STEPMI and PTS?
WVPHN commissions mental health services with a focus on a stepped, needs-based primary mental health care approach, also known as the Stepped Care Continuum. Two such commissioned services are:
- Services and Treatment for Enduring and Persistent Mental Illness (STEPMI), which are available for people with severe and complex mental illness to improve coordination of their clinical care.
- Psychological Therapy Services (PTS), which are available for people experiencing mild to moderate mental illness and those who have attempted, or are at risk of, suicide or self-harm.
Why are these services being evaluated?
To ensure services are reaching those who need it most, WVPHN has engaged Aspex Consulting to undertake the evaluation of STEPMI and Urbis to undertake the evaluation of PTS, including the Residential Aged Care Facilities (RACF) pilot within the western Victorian catchment.
The evaluations focus specifically on:
- the effectiveness of the current service models
- the identification of gaps within the service delivery
- recommendations for change, improvement and alternative models.
The evaluations will also explore whether the two services are reaching the intended vulnerable groups, the role and engagement of family in these services as well as the GP, provider and the consumer experience of these services.
The findings and recommendations derived from this evaluation project are intended to help establish clarity about the purpose of these services within an integrated stepped care continuum and inform expected outcomes for these services in the future.
How to Participate
Please find the links to the two surveys below:
Each survey will take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete and close at 5pm on Monday 19 October.
We thank you for taking the time to provide insight into your experience of referring to STEPMI and PTS.
The information you submit is valued and ensures an informed and thorough evaluation.