Western Victoria PHN (WVPHN) is inviting eligible services to apply for this opportunity to appropriately support people with or at risk of mild mental illness through the development and delivery of low intensity mental health services across the WVPHN region, commencing in the 2020/21 financial year until 30 June 2022.
Forming an integral part of a stepped care system, services will offer a lower intensity, easy to access option for consumers who have a mild mental illness or who are at risk of mild mental illness and do not require more intensive psychological interventions. Low intensity services complement digital services available through Head to Health to provide an initial ‘step’ within a stepped care framework.
Commissioned services may engage mental health professionals or a broader health workforce to deliver an evidence-based low intensity service, ensuring training, workforce skills, qualifications and supervision arrangements are appropriate to the level of service.
What is the aim of the project?
The project will work closely with a lead supplier to deliver evidence-based psychological services, which target people with or at risk of mild mental illness within a stepped care approach across the whole WVPHN catchment. Low intensity services should be designed to be accessed:
- Quickly, without the need for a formal referral;
- Easily, through a range of modalities available to consumers including face to face, group work, telephone, and digital interventions, and;
- Efficiently, typically involving a small number of services. Services such as those available through Medicare-based Better Access Initiative and other PHN primary health care services funded through the PHN flexible pool.
The eligibility criteria for suppliers applying for the tender are:
- Suppliers must be an organisation that is a legal entity with sufficient experience to deliver on the project objectives.
- Suppliers must be compliant with the Workplace Gender Equality Act 2012 (Cth).
- Suppliers to provide previous two years audited financial statements with audit report.
An online information session about the tender opportunity will be held Thursday 18 March 2021 at 12.00pm.
This online webinar session (via Microsoft Teams) will include a presentation from the Senior Clinical Lead Mental Health & Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) at WVPHN. There will also be a presentation by the procurement team on the tender process and how to register questions through TenderLink.
To access the information session, please click here to join the meeting at the above date and time.
With permission, the session will be recorded and available to applicants of this tender.
How to Apply
Suppliers are invited to submit a response via WVPHN’s TenderLink portal. Submissions close 12.00pm, Friday 2 April 2021
The application must be completed in the format specified and submitted electronically via the TenderLink portal. No other forms of lodgement will be accepted.