Western Victoria PHN (WVPHN) is pleased to announce that in a national first all 31 PHNs have joined with the Mental Health Professionals’ Network (MHPN) to produce an exciting webinar series targeted to the workforce who support the mental health of older Australians, a priority for the Commonwealth Government.
We welcome participation of practitioners who work with older Australians in these professional development activities.
The initiative will promote the value of interdisciplinary, collaborative care practice amongst practitioners in their treatment and support of older Australians. It includes three webinars and the establishment and support of special interest older persons MHPN local networks and will focus on:
- The impact of loneliness, grief and social isolation on the psychological wellbeing of older Australians.
- The particular needs of regional, rural and remote communities.
- Those older Australians being supported to live in the community.
- The engagement of General Practitioners and the extended primary care team.
- The importance of a holistic approach to care and support.
- How to support and strengthen the stepped care model.
The first webinar ‘Primary Care, Older Persons and Mental Health’ will broadcast on Wednesday 22 July.
For further information and to register for the series, click here.