Western Victoria PHN is inviting proposals from eligible providers to deliver Services and Treatment for Enduring and Persistent Mental Illness (STEPMI) services within the Wimmera Grampians region.
The Western Victoria model (Services and Treatment for Enduring and Persistent Mental Illness – ‘STEPMI’) focuses on provision of primary care led treatment combinations to people with enduring and persistent Severe Mental Illness (SMI) in the community. Across the region, it is intended to deliver equitable access to appropriate services that facilitate the coordinated and efficient provision of person-centred treatment and care.
The model is an outcomes focused model, with measurable impacts expected the following key areas:
- positive experience of care for consumers and their natural supports;
- improvement in clinical and quality of life outcomes; and
- deliver system efficiencies by reducing acute system utilisation.
- establish pathways and resources that enable smooth transition between primary care and acute mental health services for people with severe and complex mental illness;
- embed physical health care into the treatment of people with severe and complex mental illness in accordance with the ‘Equally Well Consensus’
The tender is available via TenderLink