Western Victoria PHN’s (WVPHN) four Clinical and Community Councils (CandCCs) are essential for the development and delivery of programs and services to meet the needs of primary health care providers and patients in our region.
Each council is led by a general practitioner and includes both clinical and community representatives. They provide a valuable perspective, hands-on expertise and are central in helping us understand what is happening on the ground.
The purpose of our CandCCs is to:
- advise the board and CEO of the unique needs of their respective communities, including in rural and remote areas.
- assist the organisation to develop local strategies to improve the operation of the healthcare system for patients in the WVPHN.
They do this by:
- Reporting to and informing on opportunities to improve healthcare services through in their areas
- Acting as regional champions for better health care and services.
Councils meet individually every second month and hold a combined CandCCs meeting twice a year.
- Ballarat Goldfields Clinical and Community Council – Diane Sartori
- Tel: 03 5331 6303
- Geelong Otway Clinical and Community Council – Glenn Bradley
- Tel: 03 5222 0800
- Great South Coast Clinical and Community Council – Aneill Kamath
- Tel: 03 5564 5888
- Wimmera Grampians Clinical and Community Council – Clair McDonald
- Tel: 03 5381 1756