Western Victoria PHN is committed to quality and accessible primary health care for Western Victoria.
The Victorian Government is making sure young people are getting the health support, advice and treatment they need so they can reach their full potential.
The $43.8 million Doctors in Secondary Schools initiative is delivering on the election commitment to provide school-based health services for 100 Victorian secondary schools most in need.
The objectives of the program are to:
- Make primary health care more accessible to students and thereby help reduce unmet needs
- Provide assistance to young people to identify and address any health problems early
- Reduce the pressure on working parents and community-based GPs.
Which first four schools in Western Victoria are participating?
- Ballarat Secondary College – Wendouree Campus
- Mount Clear College
- Brauer Secondary College
- Portland Secondary College.