Consumers and My Health Records
• An overview of your health uploaded by your doctor, called a Shared Health Summary. This is a useful reference for new doctors or other healthcare providers that you visit
• Hospital discharge summaries
• Reports from test and scans, like blood tests
• Medications that your doctor has prescribed to you
• Referral letters from your doctors
How is it different to what I have now?
My Health Record won’t replace the existing records at your current Healthcare Provider, but will allow for more information to be added and accessed, for example, for medical consultations, for blood tests and x-ray reports, and as prescriptions are filled. Your doctors will still store notes in their local systems.