Western Victoria’s primary health care sector has a vital role in helping contain the current COVID-19 outbreak and inform their communities of available support and services.
Western Victoria PHN is committed to delivering accurate and up-to-date information and resources to help our health service providers.
For the latest developments and announcements, please bookmark our COVID-19 Health Alert web page.
Please also regularly monitor this section of our website for additional information.
Western Victoria screening clinics
WVPHN resources and information
GP Communities of Practice
WVPHN is setting up online communities of practice (CoPs) for each of our regions to enable GPs to network with each other and to share information about region-specific issues, responses, strategies and supports with respect to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The CoPs are not designed to provide clinical advice regarding COVID-19 assessment or management but will be a valuable means for our general practitioners to collaborate and share their knowledge and experiences.
To join the COVID-19 CoP in your region, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name, practice and location.
External resources and information
- Federal Government – Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice for the health and aged care sector
- Victorian Government – Health services and general practice – coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
- Head to Health COVID-19 Support
- Mental Health Online – A Practical Guide to Video Mental Health Consultation
- COVID-19 – Alcohol and Drug Services
If a member of the community feels they have coronavirus symptoms and wishes to speak to someone, they can phone:
- Department of Health and Human Services Hotline: 1800 675 398 (Nurse on Call)
- Department of Health Hotline: 1800 022 222 (Nurse on Call)
- Coronavirus Health Information Line: 1800 020 080
- Online coronavirus symptom checker: HERE
If you have a general inquiry relating to primary health care services and COVID-19, please fill out and submit the form below.
If you are an eligible practice or pharmacy seeking surgical or P2 masks, please complete our mask request form.
Request Form for Masks
Eligible general practices and community pharmacies can request surgical and P2 masks via our online form.