RACGP guide for GPs on providing care to adult patients who have previously tested positive to COVID-19 or have a history suggestive of undiagnosed COVID-19 and have – or are at risk of – post-COVID-19 conditions.
The Older Persons COVID-19 Support Line
Older Australians, their relatives, carers, friends or supporters can call 1800 171 866 between 8.30am and 6pm weekdays for any information or services they may need.
Health professionals can also refer people (with consent) for a call back if they are worried about the person’s decision to stop or alter their normal home care services. To do this phone 1800 171 866 and select option 1.
Advice for GPs with patients in aged care
Western Victoria PHN has released a tip sheet to support GPs working in residential aged care facilities. The flyer incorporates the expertise of a range of stakeholders including Professor Michael Murray, the head of the Federal Government’s Victorian Aged Care Response Centre, the Department of Health and Human Services and the Aged Care Expert Advisory Group chaired by Dr Jagdeesh Singh Dhaliwal.
Other aged care resources
- Western Victoria HealthPathways
- Department of Health – Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice for the health and aged care sector
- Department of Health – Resources for health professionals and aged care providers
- VicDHS – Aged care sector – coronavirus disease
- National Aged Care Advocacy Program – a free, independent and confidential service supporting older people who receive or are applying for government-subsidised aged care
- ICEG guidelines on the use of face shields and other protective eyewear in health and residential care facilities
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
- Department of Health- Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and remote communities
- VicDHS – Coronavirus information for Aboriginal communities
- Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet – COVID-19 updates and information
- Tips from Dr Ngaire Brown to Keep Our Mob Safe During Coronavirus
Alcohol and other drugs
- VicDHS – Translated Patient Resources for COVID-19 (52 languages)
- VicDHS – Patient Information videos
- Signs, posters and templates for your workplace
People with a disability
- Supporting People with Intellectual or Developmental Disability during the COVID-19 Pandemic – Information for Primary Health Care Staff
- Supporting People with Intellectual or Developmental Disability during the COVID-19 Pandemic – Information for Health and Mental Health Workers
- VicDHS – Easy Read English Patient Information on COVID-19