The Rural Workforce Agency Victoria (RWAV) Look Out Project was a 12-month project which aimed to support greater access to bulk-billed Diabetic Retinopathy treatment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities in Victoria, funded by the Commonwealth Government. This eye health training aims to support continuity of patient access to eye care services, including bulk-billed services and improve staff understanding of local referral pathways.
The training will reference HealthPathways and how HealthPathways can help support assessment, management and referral of patients with eye health conditions. While the training is aimed at Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations, all health providers with an interest in eye health are invited to attend.
- Dr Jeff Urquhart – General Practitioner
- Mr Ben Clark – Ophthalmologist
- Recognise and implement local eye health referral pathways
- Discuss best practice when treating eye health concerns
- Identify the Bulk Billing pathway and when required for patients
- Discuss what services are available and how to access them