The primary objective of Cultural Awareness training is to offer GP’s and primary health care staff in rural Victoria access to education that expands their knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People. The training will provide concise and accurate information in relation to Indigenous people, explain ‘Closing the Gap’ program, its targets and what they mean to Aboriginal people and identify available resources and incentives to support Aboriginal health.
- Bonnie Chew – Director Mirriyu Cultural Consulting
- Discuss specific historical events and how policies of the past and present and how they impact on Aboriginal Health
- Identify what resources are available in the region to support the health outcomes and self-determination of the Aboriginal community
- Explain the Close the Gap Program, its targets and what they mean to Aboriginal people
- Summarise the Practice Incentives Program (PIP) Indigenous Health and how to register a practice.
- Identify strategies to improve communication with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and implement them in the workplace
- This event is awaiting approval from RACGP
Maximum of 2 participants per practice.
we have reached capacity if you would like to be added to a waiting list please email firstname.lastname@example.org