Western Victoria Primary Health Network invite you to attend this medical abortion information session in partnership with Ballarat Health Services, Women’s Health Grampians and Ballarat Community Health.
Medical abortion is the preferred method of termination of nearly 50 percent of women worldwide who experience an unwanted pregnancy. The procedure is simple and safe. However, despite the legal status of abortion in Victoria there remains limited access to medical abortion within GP practices.
- An overview of training requirements for providing medical abortion
- An update on medical abortion procedures, practice experiences, support and referral pathways for GPs who provide medical abortion
- Dr Paddy Moore – Clinical Head, Abortion and Contraceptive Service, Royal Women’s Hospital
- Dr Natasha Frawley – Obstetrics and Gynaecology Head, Ballarat Health Services
- Dr Mark Farrugia – GP, Castlemaine
- Ms Carolyn Mogharbel – 1800myoptions
- GP’s and GP Registrars
- Practice Nurses
- Medical Students
This activity has been approved by the RACGP QI and CPD Program in the 2020-22 triennium for 4 CPD activity points. Activity number 184668
For more information contact Jacinta Smith 0428 863 773 Gynaecology Nurse Specialist