Emergency Medicine Procedures in partnership with EMET and Ballarat Health Services
4 x Learning Stations:
- Wounds and Dressings
- Ophthalmology emergencies
Note: No formal assessment of skills will be conducted or provided.
- Clinicians can submit directly to their professional body for CPD points
Maximum of 20 participants, Minimum of 10 participants required for this event to proceed.
- Perform assessment and dressing selection for a variety of wounds
- Perform assessment and management for ophthalmology emergency care
- Management of Epistasis
- Perform and describe the choice of suture technique for different wound types
This event has been designed to provide an intensive, hands on environment for GP’s / GP registrars, Nurse practitioner and RN’s working in urgent care and emergency departments to learn and practice some of the common and advanced emergency medicine procedures.
Each procedure will be taught and supervised by a Ballarat Health Services FACEMS and trainee FACEMS, Emergency Department Clinical Nurse Educators & Emergency Clinical Nurse Specialists. All educators will maintain perspectives on rural practice in the region
For further information email CPDBallarat@westvicphn.com.au