Royal Women’s Hospital, Women’s Health Grampians, Ballarat Community Health and Western Victoria Primary Health Network invite you to attend this medical abortion information session
Medical abortion is the preferred method of termination of nearly 50 per cent of women worldwide who experience an unwanted pregnancy. The procedure is as simple and safe as surgical abortion. However, despite the legal status of abortion in Victoria there remains limited access to medical abortion.
• An overview of training requirements for providing medical abortion
• An update on medical abortion procedures, practice experiences, support and referral pathways for GPs who provide medical abortion
• Recall the training requirements for providing medical abortion
• Describe the medical abortion procedures
• Explain the benefits of the referral pathways for GPs who provide medical abortion for their patients
Speaker: Dr Paddy Moore, Clinical Head, Abortion and Contraceptive Service, Royal Women’s Hospital
•GPs and GP Registrars
This activity has been approved by the RACGP QI&CPD Program in the 2017 -19 triennium - 4 Category 2 points (Activity: 149308)
RSVP: Thursday 21 February 2019
Venue: EGHS, Pyrenees House, 5 Girdlestone Street. Finger food provided.
|Event Date||1:00 pm, 28/02/2019|
|Event End Date||3:00 pm, 28/02/2019|
|Cut off date||5:00 pm, 27/02/2019|
|Location||ARARAT - Pyrenees House|