BALLARAT - Rural & Regional GP’s Emergency Skills Workshop - Wednesday 28 November
Rural & Regional GP’s Emergency Skills Workshop
Emergency Medicine Procedures
This Active Learning Module (ALM) has been designed to provide an intensive, hands on environment for GPs to learn and practice some of the common and advanced emergency medicine procedures.
Each procedure will be taught and supervised by a Ballarat Health Service FACEMS and trainee FACEMS, Critical Care Registered Nurses (CCRN), Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNS), Emergency Department Educators and a trained plaster technician. All educators will maintain perspectives on rural practice in the Ballarat region.
6 Learning Stations will cover:
• Ophthalmological emergencies
• Anaphylaxis including Airway Management
• Musculoskeletal emergencies
1. Describe burn pathophysiology and wound assessment and apply appropriate wound management and dressing techniques.
2. Perform foreign body removal using appropriate safe zones and knowledge of ocular anatomy.
3. Develop an emergency anaphylaxis plan for your practice including a checklist of appropriate equipment available (eg: epipen), processes for BLS and a guide for hospital referral for further management.
4. Perform a complete and thorough musculoskeletal history and examination, including identification of urgent and emergency conditions.
5. Devise an individualised acute asthma management plan for presenting patients incorporating the latest updates in asthma therapy.
• Dr Mark Hartnell - FACEM Emergency Physician, Ballarat Health Services
• Dr Pauline Chapman - FACEM Emergency Physician, Director Emergency Department Ballarat Health Services
• GP Registrars
• Nurse Practitioners
This ALM has been approved for a 1-day Emergency Medicine grant. For further questions regarding the grant, please contact the Rural Procedural Grants team at email@example.com or 1800 636 764.
NOTE: The program is based on ARC guidelines but is not an accredited course. No formal assessment of skills will be conducted or provided.
Points: This activity is currently being adjudicated for 40 Category 1 points as part of the RACGP QI&CPD Program in the 2017-19 Triennium.
Maximum Participants: 30 (a waiting list will apply after this)
Cost: $ 300 pp.
Payment is required when registering to confirm your place.
Preferred method of payment is Direct Deposit to:
Account Name: Western Victoria PHN
BSB: 063 512
Account No: 1020 0443
Reference: Surname/ eMET Ballarat
Registration confirmed on receipt of payment
Receipt issued on request
No refunds will be given for cancellations after the 26th November 2018
For more information contact Tamara Sproull or phone (03) 5331 6303
|Event Date||11:45 am, 28/11/2018|
|Event End Date||7:00 pm, 28/11/2018|
|Location||Ballarat Health Services - Education Resource Centre|