GEELONG - Medication Assisted Treatment for Opioid Dependence ( MATOD) for Victorian GP's - Sunday 24 March
NB: Applicants will have needed to complete the online training Module 1 to be eligible for RACGP points
Face to face full day workshop
RACGP is offering an education session on MATOD for Victorian practitioners who wish to support their opioid dependent patients by prescribing methadone or Suboxone as part of their treatment planning.
1. Outline the potential benefits and risks associated with opioid prescribing.
2. Recognise, prevent and respond to problematic pharmaceutical opioid use.
3. Identify the legal issues regarding the prescribing of buprenorphine and methadone.
4. Implement safe and effective opioid and or methadone prescribing as part of a broader pain management plan.
5. Safely and effectively prescribe buprenorphine and or methadone for opioid dependence.
Eligibility criteria to attend this training:
• Attendees must have completed the online Module 1
• Be treating patients in Victoria
• Be registered with AHPRA prior to registering for this session.
This education is an interactive session presented by MATOD specialist GPs and is accredited for 40 Category 1 RACGP QI&CPD points for the 2017–19 triennium.
To access MATOD training visit RACGP Victoria events page www.racgp.org.au/education/courses/racgpevents/vic/
For more information contact the RACGP at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 03 8699 0488
|Event Date||8:30 am, 24/03/2019|
|Event End Date||4:30 pm, 24/03/2019|
|Location||Western Victoria Primary Health Network - Geelong|