HealthPathways is the central source of clinical and referral information for health practitioners in western Victoria. The site is a free online resource to support practitioners in assessing and managing patients’ symptoms and conditions.
The Western Victoria PHN HealthPathways portal includes over 700 pages with information specific to our region and developed in consultation with local clinicians and health services.
The site includes comprehensive information for health practitioners covering topics including paediatrics, mental health, addiction medicine, women’s health and numerous other medical and surgical specialist areas. Information on care for specific populations such as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians and rural and agriculture communities is also available.
Why use HealthPathways
HealthPathways is designed for practitioners to use during a consultation.
- Each pathway provides condition-specific information to support the assessment, management and referral of patients.
- Useful clinical reminders of ‘red flags’ for specific presentations are highlighted
- It is a dynamic resource. New and updated information is regularly added to the portal.
- Pathways also include information for practitioners to provide to patients including reference materials and educational resources.
- HealthPathways promotes closer relationships between general practitioners, allied health professionals, specialists and relevant community agencies to help deliver a more connected health system.
Who can use western Victoria HealthPathways
HealthPathways is available to registered health care practitioners including GPs, allied health providers and nurses.
The portal is not designed for use by patients or the general community.
To access the western Victoria HealthPathways portal, contact our HealthPathways team:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 03 5222 0800
Go to the HealthPathways portalHealthPathways