Required accreditation(s): Registered Nurse
Part-Time hours: 0.4 EFT / 15.2 - 16 hours per week
Part Time (0.4 FTE), Fixed Term until 28th February 2022
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Sexual Health Clinic for a registered nurse who is educated and endorsed to function autonomously and collaboratively in a clinical role.
You will be primarily responsible for the provision of nursing practice in the area of sexual and reproductive health, with the capacity to incorporate a broader primary care focus within a community health care setting.
Clinical duties may include:
* Contraceptive counselling / initiation
* Insertion and /or removal of Implanon NXT
* Facilitate access to early medical termination of pregnancy (MTOP)
* Provide STI /BBV assessment
* Assist with IUD insertion
* Provide Cervical Screening
* Provide immunisations
You will have:
* AHPRA Registration as a Registered Division 1 Nurse
* Accredited Nurse Cervical Screening Provider
* Tertiary awarded post graduate qualification in sexual and/or reproductive health is desirable
* Evidence of experience of nursing clinical knowledge in sexual and reproductive health
* Experience in the provision of care to person reporting sexual assault
Ballarat Community Health (BCH) provides a broad range of services to the community of Ballarat, with outreach services delivered in the Central Highlands region and beyond. In partnership with the community, we create opportunities and supportive environments which empower people to develop and maintain optimal health, as well as preventing and managing illness.
How to Apply
To access a copy of the Position Description and to Apply for the role please go to https://bchc.org.au/careers/#vacancies
For further enquiries about this role please contact Mary-Anne Gould, Manager Medical Services on 5338 4502 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you share our values of respect, integrity, optimism, courage, resilience – don’t delay. Be part of something special. Apply now.
Applications close 27th October 2021Apply
Date Posted: Wednesday, 13 October 2021
Closing Date: Wednesday, 24 November 2021
Contact: Mary-Anne Gould
Phone: 03 5338 4502
Name: Ballarat Community Health
Address: 12 Lilburne StreetLucas vic 3350
Phone: 03 5338 4500