Required accreditation(s): Registered Nurse, Enrolled Nurse, Diabetes Educator (credentialed),
Part-Time hours: 20-25
To ensure the smooth and efficient functioning of the practice and provide an exceptional standard of care to our patients.
• Tertiary education in Nursing
• Registration in Australian Health Professional Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
• Being a member of APNA.
• Minimum of one to two-year nursing experience, in General Practice
• Previous experience in a General Practice is required
Core objectives include:
• Maintain awareness of current and new legislation to ensure the business is complying with all statutory and regulatory obligations including infection control, sterilisation, hazardous materials & safe handling/disposal of medical waste, records management, OHS, and accreditation.
• Ensure relevant personnel are kept informed and changes are made to systems and procedures as required
• Ensure sterilisation and maintenance of clinical equipment. Maintain stocks of clinical supplies, including correct storage (such as refrigeration), removal of out-of-date stock and ordering supplies.
• Provide input in purchasing relevant clinical equipment and supplies.
• Escort patients home and provide home/hospital visits as required for monitoring, support, including antenatal and post-natal care & health assessments.
• Conduct preventative/screening procedures; assist with patient education and community health promotion activities.
• Co-ordinate patient recall and outreach programs and GP management plans and team care arrangement.
• Telephone patients with test results as directed by medical staff.
• Assist with triage, data management, diagnostic services, networking with other providers, planning & management of patient care and patient advocacy.
• Perform clinical duties within the required level of clinical competency, according to the best available evidence. Explain procedures to patients, providing them with support and reassurance.
• Duties include triage, immunisations and other injections; wound management, chronic disease management, ECG’s and collection of pathology samples. Assist doctors with clinical procedures. Maintain clinical documentation.
• Act within the practice and nursing code of ethics & appropriate level of clinical competence at all times. Maintain awareness of current evidence and research on clinical practices and inform/educate other practice staff.
• Change systems and procedures to ensure compliance with the best available evidence as applicable.
• Consistently be aware of OHS requirements and comply with them.