Required registration(s): General registration
Gender specific: Not applicable
The Mental Health Clinician will provide an efficient, effective and quality counselling service for the communities across the Grampians and Wimmera regions, including Horsham, Stawell and Ararat.
- Psychological Therapy Services Counselling for people across the Wimmera region following specific guidelines:
a) On acceptance of a referral the provider must contact the client within 2 weeks and schedule a first appointment within 4 weeks of referral being accepted.
b) Provide approved FPS for time limited sessions (45 mins) for up to 5 sessions within six months of date of first appointment.
c) Administer an Outcome Tool (DASS21, Kessler 10 (K10), Edinburgh Post Natal Depression Scale or other as agreed, at initial and final session.
d) Assist the client if appropriate, to make a return appointment with their referring GP for a mental health review during their final session.
e) Completion of all session data, including clinical measures, in the CMS
f) Provide a Clinical Outcomes Report to the referring GP within 1 week of the final session.
- Provide counselling for people through the Grampians Community Health Employment Assistance Program (EAP).
- Counselling for participants who have an active NDIS plan.
- Attend relevant meetings, conferences and training programs related to the field as negotiated with management.
- Attend monthly management supervision reviews, external supervision and peer supervision sessions as scheduled.
- Promptly report any potentially problematic client-related issues if/as they arise.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to determine areas of collaboration and develop a solution focused approach.
- Ensure that clients and community members are included in the decision making and work of GCH programs and projects.
- Use well developed communication, consulting and negotiation skills, and a flexible approach when dealing with issues and people, based on sound risk management.
- Write and present reports as requested and ensure up to date and accurate collection, recording and reporting of statistical and service data as required by the Department of Health and Human Services, Primary Health Network and GCH.
- Provide supervision and support to students as required.
- Other duties commensurate with current skills and experience as agreed with the Program Leader, Manager, General Manager or the Chief Executive Officer.
How to apply for a position
To download a position description, key selection criteria form and apply visit our website Employment (gch.org.au)
Note: applications that do not complete the key selection criteria form will not be considered for interview
To be considered for an interview all applications must include:
- A letter of application
- Separately addressed key selection criteria form
- Current resume
- Completed applications for vacancies must be forwarded to: email@example.com
Date Posted: Tuesday, 21 September 2021
Closing Date: Tuesday, 2 November 2021
Phone: 03 5358 7400
Name: Grampians Community Health
Address: 8-22 Patrick StreetStawell vic 3380
Phone: 5358 7400
Horsham, Stawell, Ararat