With more than 17 thousand allied health professionals working in our region, Western Victoria PHN (WVPHN) recognises allied health services are important steps in the primary health care journeys for many patients.
How we can help
WVPHN works with allied health professionals across western Victoria to address local provider needs and integrate primary health care at a local level.
We also offer support to allied health practices and practitioners through:
- Training and education events including the Allied Health Spring Symposium
- Facilitating networking activities
- Support for digital health initiatives
- News and information updates.
The role of allied health in primary care programs
Many of our commissioned programs and projects rely on the involvement of people working in all fields from the allied health sector including:
- Psychological therapy services
- Cancer support
- Indigenous health care
- Chronic condition model of care
- Palliative care
- Care planning