My Health Record (MHR) is an online summary of an individual’s health information. The record can be shared securely between the individual and registered health care providers involved in their care to support improved decision making and continuity of care.
MHR enables clinicians to access timely information about their patients via conformant clinical information systems or the web-based and read-only Provider Portal.
Information accessible through My Health Record
- Shared health summary: A summary, authored by the treating doctor, of an individual’s health status including adverse reactions, medicines, medical history and immunisations
- Event summary: Captures key health information about a significant health care event relevant to the ongoing care of the patient.
- Hospital discharge summary
- Pathology and diagnostic imaging reports
- Specialist letters
- Prescriptions and dispense information
- Patient-entered personal health summaries
- Health notes entered by the patient
- Advanced care planning documents.
Health care provider registration
Health care organisations must register to participate in the MHR system. Once an organisation is registered, individual healthcare providers can be authorised to access the MHR system on the organisation’s behalf through conformant software.
- Start the Registration Process
- Health care providers without conformant software can access MHR via the Provider Portal
Training and resources
- My Health Record in general practice overview
- Online training portal
- Information for patients
Contact Western Victoria PHN’s My Health Record team
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 03 5222 0800
My Health Record Helpline
- Tel: 1800 723 471