To increase access to Palliative Care services by supporting the role of the GP and strengthening links between palliative care and mainstream General Practice.
Facilitate access to Professional Development for Health Professionals that promotes best practice, quality and safety and a multidisciplinary approach.
- Coordinate monthly meetings with GPs and regional Palliative Care team
- Work in partnership with LHN’s and other agencies to address local health service issues and gaps
- Promote the use of technology for communication and telehealth
- Improve GP knowledge and management in cancer and palliative care and to support GPs working in this area
Advance Care Planning
The Advance Care Planning program at Barwon Health is a program which:
- Promotes an individuals understanding about their future treatment options
- Assists individuals to document their wishes and preferences about their future medical treatment in an Advance Care Plan
GP Program Advisors
Dr Deb Harley and Dr Michael Homewood
For further queries, please contact your local Western Victoria PHN office as listed below.
Ballarat and Goldfields - 5331 6303
Geelong Otway - 5222 0828
Wimmera and Grampians - 5381 1756
Great South Coast - 5564 5888