Under Federal Government directives, Western Victoria PHN (WVPHN) is distributing masks to eligible general practices, Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations, after-hours GP home visiting services, Medical Deputising Services, nurse practitioner owned or led primary care practices, allied health services and community pharmacies in the areas of highest risk during the COVID-19 pandemic in our catchment region. The distribution process is in accordance with the Federal Government’s Tranche 4 guidance for supply.
WVPHN does not control the supply of personal protective equipment (PPE). Surgical and P2 masks are allocated to us from the National Medical Stockpile. When our stocks run low we are required to request more supplies from the National Medical Stockpile which may cause some delays in deliveries.
WVPHN is not the primary source of PPE for primary care providers. The Commonwealth government directive is that primary care providers should source their PPE through their normal commercial means in the first instance, to conserve the National Medical Stockpile’s limited stock of PPE for acute health services.
- Surgical masks and P2 masks for general practices and community pharmacies with high risk populations
- Surgical masks only for other community pharmacies and allied health professionals in high risk areas
- A one-off supply of 50 gowns is available to eligible general practices and Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations in accordance with directives from the Department of Health
For further guidance on use of PPE in non-inpatient health care settings, refer to the Department of Health fact sheet
For guidance on use of PPE for health workers specific to Victoria, refer to the Department of Health and Human Services website.
- the request forms are not order forms and do not guarantee you will receive more masks
- Providers located in western Melbourne, should direct requests to North Western Melbourne PHN
- For others outside the WVPHN area, find your local Primary Health Network via the Department of Health’s Primary Health Network map locator.
- Request form for General Practice, Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation or Community Pharmacy
- Request form for Allied Health